- The following trades find this product useful:
- HVAC Contractor
Please Call for Special Orders
- √Firestopped for Combos
- √Firestops Construction Joints at the Wall-to-Wall
- √Firestops Construction Joints at the Head-of-Wall
- √Firestops Construction Joints at the Bottom-of-Wall
- √Firestopped for Power Cables
- √Firestopped for Non-Metallic Pipe (excluding CPVC)
- √Firestopped for Metallic Pipe
- √Firestopped for Insulated Pipe
- √Firestopped for HVAC Duct Penetrations
- √Firestopped for Conduit Cables
- √Firestopped for Communication Cables
- √Helps Minimize Noise Transfer
- Product | Specials & Promotions Current Specials & Promotions from Major Power Tool Brands, Fasteners, Hand Tools & More!
- Article | More in Store! Looking for something else? Be sure to pop by one of our three Calgary branches to see our full line of Products!
The 3M Fire Barrier Sealant FD 150+ Limestone is a ready-to-use, gun-grade latex-based elastomeric sealant. It cures upon exposure to form a solid flexible firestop seal.
When properly installed, this sealant helps prevent the spread of fire, smoke, and noxious gas.
This product provides up to 4-hour fire protection in tested and listed systems (when properly installed). You can apply this sealant on firestops construction joints and through penetrations.
It remains elastomeric (compression/extension capability of ± 19%) and exhibits excellent adhesion to a full range of construction substrates.
The sealant is firestop tested up to 3 hours in accordance with ASTM E 814 (UL 1479) & CAN/ULC S115. Its Fire Resistive Joint System tested up to 4 hours in accordance with ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079)
In addition, this product acts as an acoustic barrier by minimizing noise transfer (STC-Rating of 56 when tested in a STC 56-rated wall assembly), helps create a smoke seal for systems requiring the optional L-Rating, meets the intent of LEED® VOC environmental regulations, and meets International Building Code (IBC) and other key life safety building code requirements.
The following are features of the sealant:
- Helps Minimize Noise Transfer
- Applied with Conventional Caulking Equipment (excellent caulk rate)
- Excellent Adhesion
You can use the sealant for the following applications:
- Firestops construction joints at the bottom-of-wall, head-of-wall and wall-to-wall
- Typical through penetrations firestopped for metallic pipe, non-metallic pipe (excluding CPVC), insulated pipe, conduit, power and communication cables, combos, insulated pipe, and HVAC duct penetrations
- Fire Barrier & Protection Products: Sealants that are built to help achieve critical compartmentalization of a structure in order to reduce the severity of a fire and ensure safety to both life and property.
No customer reviews for the moment.