- Article | An Online Tool Built for You We have many unique time-saving tools built specifically for you.
- Product | Specials & Promotions Current Specials & Promotions from Major Power Tool Brands, Fasteners, Hand Tools & More!
- Article | Imperial to Metric Imperial to Metric Comparison and Conversion Charts
- Article | More in Store! Looking for something else? Be sure to pop by one of our three Calgary branches to see our full line of Products!
- Article | Unified Threads The Unified Thread System (or Unified Thread Standard - UTS) defines a standard thread form and series for fasteners
SpeedTaps™ 4pcs Taper Tap including 1/4", 5/16", 3/8" & 1/2" UNC taps built with a 60° Tapered Flute and high speed steel constructed to create female threads in hard to thread materials.
These taps are built with a drive end that match bolt sizing and utilize all the advantages of common sockets and wrenches.
Tests on mild steel indicate tapping 100 holes or more while maintaining the same high quality thread.
Tap construction allows these taps to work in tight spaces that would normally be too close for working with traditional tap wrenches.
Tap threads up to 14x faster! SpeedTaps™ are highly durable and built for use with an impact wrench for optimal speed!
|SpeedTap||Max. Material Thickness||Socket Size||Drill Size|
|PLEASE NOTE: Use as a hand tap when using SpeedTaps™ in thicker material|
How to Use
- Use with IMPACT DRIVERS - RATCHET WRENCHES - COMBO WRENCHES
- Tapping Oil is recommended to increase tool life
- Based on independent test results, 200 consecutive holes can then be threaded
SpeedTaps™ have been engineered with changes to the heat treatment compared to most hand taps allowing them to take the impact from an impact wrench increasing productivity 14 to 1 over tapping by hand.
- 6 Thread Taper for Faster Starts
- 60° Tapered Point for Easy Alignment
- Nitrate Coating for Extended Tap Life
- Full-Size Shaft Maximizes Strength as well as ease of Reversal of the Tap
- Head size matches bolt size for single tool operation of tapping bolting
- Patent pending flared head construction reduces tangential force maximizing torque transfer
The following is included with this set:
- (1) 1/4-20 Tap *SPDTPS1/4
- (1) 5/16-18 Tap *SPDTPS5/16
- (1) 3/8-16 Tap *SPDTPS3/8
- (1) 1/2-13 Tap *SPDTPS1/2
- Tap: A tap is built to cut a female thread on the inside surface of a hole.
- Taper Tap: Cutting tools built with a pronounced taper towards the cutting edges. This helps the tap to ease into cutting female threads gradually.
|Material:||High Speed Steel (HSS)|
No customer reviews for the moment.