Estimated Availability Date:
Please Call for Special Orders
Round Head Carriage Bolt *GRADE 2
√ STEEL - FOR EXTRA STRENGTH
Length is measured under head to end
Zinc Chromate Plated
MEDIUM CARBON STEEL
THREAD CLASS 2A FIT
Our Carriage Bolts Meet the requirements of ANSI/ASME, ASTM and / or AISI specifications
MINIMUM THREAD LENGTH
- Up to 6” long: (2D + 1/4) Twice diameter plus 1/4 inch.
- Over 6” long: (2D + 1/2) Twice diameter plus 1/2 inch.
*GRADE 5 ALSO AVAILABLE*
- U.N.C.: Acronym, Unified National Coarse. The most common thread type of the Unified Thread System (U.N.C. - U.N.F. - U.N.S. - etc.), and is the preferred thread type for general purpose inch fasteners. Because of the coarse pitch, the threads are deeper than finde threads (U.N.F.) and are easier to assemble without cross threading.
- Unified Thread System: The Unified Thread System (or Unified Thread Standard - UTS) defines a standard thread form and series - along with allowances, tolerances, and designations - for screw and bolt threads commonly used in the United States and Canada.
- Platings, Coatings & Finishes: There are a variety of coatings and platings that can be used in the prevention or delaying corrosion in fasteners. Platings and coatings can also enchance or change the physical look of nuts, bolts and washers for projects that require specific aesthetic care.
- SAE: Acronym, Society of Automotive Engineers. The SAE is a professional engineering society whose objectives are to develop and promote standards in the automotive, aerospace and commercial / heavy duty vehicle industries.
- Grade 2: Fasteners made from low or medium carbon steel. Commonly used in low-stress applications.
|Vendor Part #:||004012|
|Material:||Medium Carbon Steel|
- √Wood to Wood Applications
- √in Deck Building
- √with Bare Timber
- √When a smooth finish surface is required
- Article | SAE Bolt Strength Working load ratings for SAE bolts
- Article | Unified Threads The Unified Thread System (or Unified Thread Standard - UTS) defines a standard thread form and series for fasteners
- Product | Specials & Promotions Current Specials & Promotions from Major Power Tool Brands, Fasteners, Hand Tools & More!
- Article | IP Ratings Learn more about what an IP rating is and how this rating system is used.