Please Call for Special Orders
- √Helping to Control the Spread of Smoke and Flames during a Fire
- √Sealing Around Plumbing Penerations
- √Sealing Blank Openings
- √Sealing Dynamic and Static Construction Joints
- √Where a Water Tight, Fire Resistant Barrier is Needed
- Product | Specials & Promotions Current Specials & Promotions from Major Power Tool Brands, Fasteners, Hand Tools & More!
- Article | More in Store! Looking for something else? Be sure to pop by one of our three Calgary branches to see our full line of Products!
- Article | An Online Tool Built for You We have many unique time-saving tools built specifically for you.
The 3M Fire Barrier Water Tight Sealant is built as a single component silicone that dries flexible, and is ready to use on vertical surfaces to help control the spread of fire, smoke, and noxious gases.
3M Fire Barrier Sealant has excellent adhesion to a wide variety of materials. 1000 NS is specifically developed for use on vertical surfaces and won't sag when drying. 1003 SL is specifically developed for use on horizontal surfaces and will self-level when drying.
This sealant acts as a fire, water, and sound barrier. It also helps to prevent smoke or other contaminated air from passing when used to seal around floor and wall penetrations.
Can be painted if a primer is used first.
Stays flexible when cured and can be repaired simply by adding more sealant.
This sealant meets the intent of LEED® green building program credits for VOC environmental regulations!
This sealant is halogen-free and contains low VOC's.
Get up to 3 hours of fire and fume protection when applied correctly.
Do NOT breathe in the vapors from this product. Wear gloves (polymer laminate material is recommended), respirator and eye/face protection. This product causes eye and skin irritation.
Clean Up and Storage
Dispose of contents and container through proper HAZMAT procedures.
This product has a shelf life of 18 months from date of packaging when stored between 4 °C and 32 °C and in sealed, original packaging.
Certifications, Standards, and Regulations
- Meets the Intent of LEED® VOC Environmental Quality Requirements
- Meets UL Water Leakage Test, W Rating — Class 1 requirements
- Compatible for use with CPVC piping
- UL Listed
- ULC Listed
- ASTM E 814 (UL 1479)
- ASTM E 1966 (UL 2079)
- NEC (NFPA 70)
- NFPA 101
- NFPA 5000
- Fire Barrier & Protection Products: Sealants that are built to help achieve critical compartmentalization of a structure in order to reduce the severity of a fire and ensure safety to both life and property.
|Vendor Part #:||1000N/S|
|Performance Level:||Up To 3 Hours of Fire Protection|
|Paintable:||Yes; When Primed First|
|Flash Point :||Greater than 100°C|
No customer reviews for the moment.