- The following trades find this product useful:
- √for Maintenance & Repair
- √Thread Locking
- Product | Specials & Promotions Current Specials & Promotions from Major Power Tool Brands, Fasteners, Hand Tools & More!
- Article | An Online Tool Built for You We have many unique time-saving tools built specifically for you.
- Article | More in Store! Looking for something else? Be sure to pop by one of our three Calgary branches to see our full line of Products!
The LOCTITE 262® Threadlocker is a 10 mL acrylic adhesive bottle made for the locking and sealing of threaded fasteners.
The product cures when confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal surfaces, and it prevents loosening and leakage from shock and vibration.
This adhesive is typical used in applications that include the locking and sealing of large bolts and studs (M25 and larger). It's ideal for fasteners up to 3/4" diameter.
The LOCTITE® 242® becomes liquid when shaken or stirred, so it reduces the movement of liquid product after application to the substrate. In its liquid state, it has a red color with mild odor and slight soluble in water.
Anaerobic adhesive cures only when confined between metal parts
This adhesive has many features:
- High-Lubrication for Easy Assembly
- Prevents Rust & Corrosion in Extreme Chemical / Environmental Conditions
- Solvent Resistant
- Low Toxicity
Specifics for the adhesive are as follows:
- Vapor Pressure: <5mm hg="" li="">
- Boiling Point: >149°C
- Specific Gravity: 1.05
The following are applications for the adhesive:
- Maintenance & Repair
- Thread Sealer: A liquid or paste that fills the voids between a fastener or fittings threads. This removes the air between the threads to create a better bond so the fastener or fitting stays securely in place. There are varying degrees of strength for thread sealers depending on how removable you want the fastener or fitting to be.
|Vendor Part #:||26221|
|Certification(s) / Agency Approval(s) / Compliance:||RoHS Compliant|
|Container Size:||10 mL|
No customer reviews for the moment.