Length: 2"; Quantity Breaks: ONE+ (1+) BOX
- √General Outdoor Construction
- Product | Specials & Promotions Current Specials & Promotions from Major Power Tool Brands, Fasteners, Hand Tools & More!
- Article | An Online Tool Built for You We have many unique time-saving tools built specifically for you.
- Article | More in Store! Looking for something else? Be sure to pop by one of our three Calgary branches to see our full line of Products!
The Grip Right Brand Hot Dipped Galvanized Box Nails are built for light-duty exterior construction applications where high corrosion resistance is required.
They are slightly thinner than common nails which help stop these nails from splitting soft woods.
HOT DIPPED GALVANIZED STEEL (Dipped in Molten Zinc)
HIGH CORROSION RESISTANCE
*BOX OF NAILS
- ASTM F1667
- ASTM A153 Class D
- ASTM C514
- ISO 9001
BEND YIELD (PSI)
- 9-1/2 to 7 gauged wire >90,000 PSI
- < 9-1/2 gauged wire >100,000 PSI
PENNY WEIGHT / GAUGE RANGES
- 2d - 40d (1" - 5") / 15-1/2 - 8
- Hot Dipped Galvanized: Is a tough, weather resistant coating applied to steel by dipping the steel in a molten zinc-iron bath. This stops the steel under the coating from coming into contact with water that can rust and corrode it. This coating is both a barrier coating and a sacrificial coating. Excellent for use in outdoor environments and with pressure treated wood. This coating gives a high level of corrosion resistance.
- Penny Weight: Was a system for pricing 100 nails in 15th century England. The larger the nail the heavier it was causing it to cost more. Penny weight then incorrectly became used to describe the length of the nail rather than the weight. The Latin word "Denarius" roughly translated to the word penny so "d" became the way to indicate penny weight. Each increase in penny weight (1d, 2d, 3d etc) is assumed to be an increase in size. It is best to measure a nail by its actual length and diameter.
|Vendor Part #:||I2HDG1BOX|
No customer reviews for the moment.