Product #: WNZ1420PA
For Bolt Dia.: 1/4"
For Bolt Dia.: 1/4"
Available Online: 778
Availability in Store:
- √for situations requiring frequent on-off hand pressure torque release
- Article | Unified Threads The Unified Thread System (or Unified Thread Standard - UTS) defines a standard thread form and series for fasteners
- Product | Explore Nut, Bolt & Washer Specifications Browse Fastener Standards, Materials Specification and Thread Designations to find the product you need
- Product | Specials & Promotions Current Specials & Promotions from Major Power Tool Brands, Fasteners, Hand Tools & More!
- Article | More in Store! Looking for something else? Be sure to pop by one of our three Calgary branches to see our full line of Products!
Steel Wing Nuts
Made of Cold Forged Steel
Zinc Plated to create a bright, rust-resistant finish.
Featuring recessed wings for excellent finger grip.
- Unified Thread System: The Unified Thread System (or Unified Thread Standard - UTS) defines a standard thread form and series - along with allowances, tolerances, and designations - for screw and bolt threads commonly used in the United States and Canada.
- Platings, Coatings & Finishes: There are a variety of coatings and platings that can be used in the prevention or delaying corrosion in fasteners. Platings and coatings can also enchance or change the physical look of nuts, bolts and washers for projects that require specific aesthetic care.
- U.N.C.: Acronym, Unified National Coarse. The most common thread type of the Unified Thread System (U.N.C. - U.N.F. - U.N.S. - etc.), and is the preferred thread type for general purpose inch fasteners. Because of the coarse pitch, the threads are deeper than finde threads (U.N.F.) and are easier to assemble without cross threading.
- U.N.F. : Acronym, Unified National Fine. A thread type of the Unified Thread System (U.N.C. - U.N.F. - U.N.S. - etc.) that has a slightly higher breaking load capacity than U.N.C. (Unified National Coarse) threads. This higher breaking load capacity is a result of the more shallow thread depth and larger tensile stress area for fasteners of the same identical material and diameter. The smaller lead angle allows for fine adjustments where needed.
- Wing Nut: The wing nut is built with a pair of projections to allow the nut to be finger tightened. It's ideal for applications that require frequent or occasional on-off hand pressure torque or release.
- Cold Heading: Cold heading (or forging) is the process of forming ferrous and non-ferrous materials without applying heat to assist in the formation process.
|Material:||Cold Forged Steel|
No customer reviews for the moment.