Estimated Availability Date:
Call for Availability
The 3M™ Fastbond Green 30 High-Performance Water-Based Contact Adhesive is built to bond decorative laminates, foam plastics, plywood, wallboard, wood veneer, plaster and canvas to themselves and each other.
Fastbond™ water-based contact adhesive is a green color that dries dark green for jobs where being able to see where the adhesive has been placed is important.
This adhesive is heat resistant and dries in 30-60 minutes creating an instant, strong bond, that lasts a long time.
This adhesive can be applied by spray, brush or a texturing type roller.
This water-based contact cement provides up to 3.5 x more coverage than solvent-based does, and it is better for you and the environment.
Materials can be machined or trimmed immediately after being put together!
Do not breathe fumes or get this product on your skin or in your eyes.
Wear safety glasses with side shields, polymer laminate gloves, and a respirator that filters organic vapors and particulates.
|Decorative Laminates||Foam Plastics||Plywood||Wallboard|
How to Use
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and dust-free
- Stir thoroughly before using
- Apply a consistent, generous coating of adhesive to both surfaces being bonded together
- Use a nylon brush, texturing roller or spray
- Surfaces should be glossy when dry, if not, then apply more adhesive
- One coat is usually all that is needed except for very porous surfaces
- Allow adhesive to dry before bonding materials together, this is usually 30 minutes
- You have 4 hours to stick surfaces together before adhesion won't work
- Apply uniform pressure working toward the edges
Clean-Up and Storage
This adhesive is water based which makes it easy to clean up wet adhesive, tools, and surfaces with soap and warm water.
If you need an extra strength adhesive remover it is recommended to use 3M Citrus Based Adhesive Remover or 3M Citrus Based Cleaner.
To continue using brushes and rollers without having to clean them, wrap in plastic wrap to keep them wet and reusable.
Store between 16°C and 27°C and don’t freeze this product, it will become damaged if stored below 4°C.
This product has a typical shelf life of 15 months when unopened and stored in optimal conditions.
Certifications, Standards, and Regulations
- ANSI/HPMA HP 1983
- UL Listed
- Certified to GREEGUARD® Product Emission Standards
- Contact Cement: An adhesive that is coated on two surfaces that are going to be bonded together and allowed to dry. Then, when the two surfaces are firmly applied to each other, they create an instant and permanent bond.
- Glue: A substance that is used for bonding materials together that is typically made from natural plant and animal sources.
- Adhesive: A substance that is used for bonding materials together that is typically made from synthetic materials.
|Vendor Part #:||30CA1GALG|
|Adhesive Type:||Contact Cement|
|Full Cure Time:||30 - 60 Minutes|
|VOC:||Less than 80 g/l|
|Coverage:||Roughly 3 - 3.5 gms/ft²|
|Shelf Life:||15 Months|
|Cure Type:||Air Cured|
|Dry Color:||Clear or Dark Green|
|Container Type:||Metal or Plastic|
|Work Time:||4 Hours to Bond Surfaces Together|
|Storage:||Between 16°C and 27°C|
|Solids Content:||47 - 51%|
|Sizes Available:||Gallon, 5 Gallons, 52 Gallons|
- √Adhering Foamed Plastics
- √Adhering Plastic Laminates
- √Adhering Plastics and Laminates to Wood and Plywood
- √Adhering Canvas
- Product | Specials & Promotions Current Specials & Promotions from Major Power Tool Brands, Fasteners, Hand Tools & More!
- Article | IP Ratings Learn more about what an IP rating is and how this rating system is used.